Latest service update
We are open for business and our services are continuing to run but with some small changes to ensure the health and safety of all our cleaners and clients during the outbreak.
The guidance issued by the government was updated on 02/05, which now further clarifies that domestic cleaners can continue to carry out work in people's homes, provided that the worker has no coronavirus symptoms as well as continuing to follow all guidance on excellent hygiene and maintaining a two-metre distance from household occupants as far as possible.
What are we doing?
We want to inform you of the actions we are taking as a business to protect our cleaners and our clients as far as possible during the COVID-19 outbreak. You will, of course, know the government have ordered people to stay at home wherever possible but with a few exceptions. On the other hand, we don't need to point out that a clean house is even more essential during these times.
- We will be contacting all our clients to decide if they wish to continue receiving cleans or not. If your cleaner does not wish to attend, but you would still want a cleaner to attend, please inform our office and we will try our best to find you an alternative cleaner.
- We are in constant contact with all our cleaners and are asking them and yourselves to take all the precautions you can.
- If you or anyone in your household have any symptoms, please let us and your cleaner know as soon as possible.
- We have also informed our cleaners to do the same if they or anyone in their household displays any symptoms.
- We have always ensured that the same cleaner attends the same clients each clean and that our cleaners only use the clients' cleaning materials, to prevent cross-contamination.
- MaidClean4You and our cleaners would like to thank you for your continued support at this difficult time, it is much appreciated.
Latest government advice
- Work in the home like cleaning can continue provided the person carrying out the work has no symptoms and that no-one in their household is shielding or self-isolating
- Social distancing of at least 2 metres must be maintained
- Travel to and from this type of work is allowed
- No work should be carried out by any tradesperson who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild
- More details can be found on the government website here
For the safety of both Clients and Cleaners, we have introduced the following rules
- Cleaners must not clean if anyone in their household has symptoms (however mild), shielding or self-isolating
- Clients must not allow cleaning if anyone in their household has symptoms (however mild), shielding or self-isolating
- Clients must stay in a different room to the cleaner. Social distancing of at least 2 metres must be maintained at all times
All cleaners must follow our detailed cleaning and safety guidelines
These are based on the latest guidelines from Public Health England/Scotland and the NHS.
- Thoroughly wash their hands before, during and after their cleans with warm soapy water
- Surfaces should be cleaned using regular products and then where possible, disinfected using a product that is certified to kill 99.9% of germs, such as Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray or Xtra Protect Sanitiser
- Special attention should be paid to "high touched" areas such as; door and cupboard handles, light switches, TV remotes, tables, countertops etc
- Warm water (not hot or cold) should be used when cleaning surfaces and mopping floors, to maximise the effectiveness of cleaning products
- Use disposable or machine washable gloves
- Open windows where possible for ventilation
- Wash cleaning cloths and mop covers at a high temperature (60°C or above) after every use
- Avoid shaking dirty laundry and soft furnishings such as bath mats and rugs
MaidClean4You wishes everyone to stay safe and looks forward to everthing going back to normal